Most weight loss articles on yoga are superficial. They contain some practice of peeping somewhere and general formulas of no value. As a result, no matter how much you study in these courses, your belly and sides will accompany you. In fact, if you know how to do it, you can lose weight quickly through yoga. Therefore, I will introduce you to a really quick method that I stumbled upon during my yoga class.
Honestly, I never doubt whether yoga can help reduce belly fat. It is obvious to me that a flat stomach is an added benefit of regular yoga practice. I have seen how people who often attend yoga classes transform and become slim and healthy. But all this happened gradually. If you want to get results as quickly as possible, please read the end of the article. After you know the simplest yoga exercises to lose weight at home, I will introduce you to three secret yoga exercises that can truly eliminate one centimeter of belly fat every day.
Yoga for beginners to lose weight at home
It is easy to do asanas at home-static yoga poses. For this, it is enough to spread the carpet in the morning and do some simple exercises. Do this yoga exercise at home every morning to reduce weight. It only takes 15 minutes. The complex includes all types of posture training: standing posture, bending, twisting. Each posture affects certain areas of the body, improves blood circulation and metabolism, normalizes hormone levels, and gently massages the internal organs. Through these effects, this yoga complex triggers the weight loss process. Static asanas are more related to the direction of Hatha Yoga; Kundalini Yoga also proved that it can reduce weight.
Why is it recommended to practice in the morning? Because usually our stomachs are empty at this time, about 8 hours have passed since the last meal. This is an important nuance. A yoga master I studied said: The effectiveness of asanas depends on fasting. And, of course, before starting this simple weight loss yoga, drink a glass of water and empty your bowels.
- Stand straight with your feet about the width of your feet, inhale, and raise your arms above your head with your palms facing inward.
- Exhales and bends his knees, falling to the floor as if sitting on a chair.
- Your torso will naturally lean forward slightly. Try to straighten your shoulders, pull the shoulder bone back, and lower your shoulders away from your ears. Take a deep breath, take 5 deep breaths and exhale.
- Stand in the same chair position, but don’t stretch your arms over your head, but lower your legs to your chest as you bend your legs.
- Then put your palms together like a prayer, and rotate your upper body to the right so that your left elbow rests lightly on your right thigh.
- Keep your abdomen strong and keep breathing deeply. Maintain the position for five breaths in and out. When you inhale, straighten your knees back to the starting position, and then repeat the exercise on the other side.
- Keep your knees shoulder-width apart, and place your palms directly under your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers and put the weight on your hands.
- As you exhale, lift your knees off the ground and straighten your legs, raising your pelvis.
- Push the floor down with your arms and legs, lift your pelvis up and stretch it back, as if you were pulling the mat in different directions with your palms and feet. Relax your neck, then relax your head.
- Maintain this position and take 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Starting position-dog face down. As you inhale, straighten your left leg and raise it as high as possible.
- As you exhale, slowly bend your leg and pull your left knee to your chin. When doing this, try to suck on your abdomen and pull your belly button toward your spine.
- On the next breath, straighten and raise your leg again. Repeat 5 times on one leg and 5 times on the other leg.
- Starting position-dog face down. Extend your right leg forward between your arms so that you are in a low lunge like a runner before you start.
- Rotate the left heel outward slightly so that the toes of the left foot are facing the right heel.
- Raise your arms while raising your torso. Straighten your shoulders and bend your back slightly, pushing your chest outward.
- Take a deep breath, take 5 deep breaths in this position. Then repeat the exercise on the other side.
- Starting Position-Warrior Pose 1. Straighten your right leg and transfer its entire weight to it.
- Lift your left leg off the floor, extend it back, and lean forward so that your body looks like a T shape. Your entire body is parallel to the ground. Pull the crown and arm forward, and pull the left toe back. If you find it difficult to maintain your balance, you can first lean on a chair to help yourself.
- Keep this position for five breaths, then repeat on the other side.
- Lie on your stomach with your feet together, your forehead on the mat, your arms outstretched forward and your palms facing down.
- Squeeze the abdomen and buttocks, raise straight legs and arms. Move your legs, arms, and upper body away from your belly button so that it only rests on your hips and lower abdomen.
- Take a deep breath, take five deep breaths.
- Lie on your abdomen, place your forehead on the mat, then stretch your arms to the sides, palms up. As you exhale, bend your knees and pull your heels as close to your hips as possible. Grasp your ankles with your hands so that your hips are shoulder-width apart.
- As you inhale, lift your upper body and thighs off the ground, and extend your heels from your hips back. Make sure to relax your lower back by spreading the shoulder bones down and back. Only the lower abdomen and hip joints are in contact with the floor.
- Take 5 deep breaths at this position and then return to the starting position.
- Separate limbs, legs apart, arms directly under shoulders.
- Tighten your abs and keep your back straight, while raising your right leg and left arm, and straightening them as much as possible. Keep this position, take 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Then repeat the same operation with the left leg and right arm.
- Same as the previous exercise, except that we are on a board instead of limbs.
- First stand on the board with your arms straight.
- Then, keeping your back straight, raise your left leg and right arm to extend as much as possible. Maintain this asana for 5 deep breaths and exhales.
- Then repeat in the opposite direction.
Weight loss yoga
Do you want your weight loss yoga class to be really good? In this way, literally, do you feel that you become more relaxed every morning? Then, don't be lazy after completing the pranayamas and meditation. Meditation + breathing method + asana-this is the magical recipe for yoga to lose weight. Start with yoga every morning, including all three components of your course, and the results will appear soon.
Fat Burning Meditation
Yoga restores the hormonal balance in the body by calming the mind and achieving inner harmony. But this is not the only reason why yoga helps to lose weight. Let's take a look at what exercises are included in a typical yoga class in a studio or fitness club.
Generally, yoga classes start with meditation. In almost all classes, you are first asked to sit quietly for 10 minutes and pay attention to what is happening inside and outside.
By the way, many studies have confirmed that only one routine meditation practice has had a positive effect on health, hormones, and normalized weight. In addition, meditation can increase awareness, leading to better eating behaviors and more careful eating methods. This is also very important.
The second thing you will do in yoga is pranayama, or breathing exercises.
Some pranayamas are designed to train a very important muscle in our body-the transverse diaphragm.
The sedentary lifestyle causes the diaphragm to actually stop working completely and become weak and tight. And most Western training systems pay little attention to this muscle. But not yoga.
In yoga, we attach great importance to the development of correct breathing and muscle breathing. This is why you do a lot of pranayamas and let the diaphragm work hard and give full play to its strength.
The movement of the diaphragm during breathing is very beneficial to the whole body.
- First of all, each expansion and contraction of the diaphragm will gently massage the heart, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and other internal organs. This leads to their cleaning and stimulates their work.
- Secondly, the diaphragm will of course directly affect the digestion process, and then affect the stomach, of course, if we do not forget to move it actively.
- Third, during deep breathing, the muscles are raised upwards, affecting the solar plexus area, where thousands of nerve endings are intertwined, which leads to stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for the rest of the bodyAnd recovery.
The parasympathetic nervous system is often suppressed due to modern people's constant pursuit of goals. Constant tension, stress, and nerve activity can hinder the body's healing process and restore health. Yoga masters are very aware of this and they have developed breathing exercises to balance the two opposing nervous systems (parasympathetic and sympathetic). This can reduce weight more than continued exhaustion of diet and exercise.
The most famous pranayama in weight loss may be uddiyana bandha. Today, many people refer to this exercise as a "vacuum. "Therefore, this "modern" vacuum is an integral part of the yoga system, which has existed for thousands of years.
3 simple steps to get fast results
For those who have read the article and faithfully performed all the asanas, breathing exercises and meditations, I will introduce you to an interesting case of my yoga practice. I will share my personal experience.
The first secret
Asana practice in yoga is only regarded as the preparatory stage of breathing exercise-breathing exercise. And pranayama prepares for meditation-purification of mind and concentration. Therefore, at a certain stage of the practice, I started to practice holding my breath. My goal is to learn to hold my breath as much as possible. Literally, after such training started, I suddenly found that I felt my body and stomach light every morning. And the fat on the abdomen and sides is significantly reduced. This unusual effect piqued my interest. I started searching for information on the Internet and realized that I was not the only person facing a similar experience. In addition, there is the entire effective weight loss system based on breath holding. Therefore, you can recycle this method.
I have resolved the delays on the freedivers training table, these people are people who dive into the sea without diving equipment.
This is my exercise sheet:
- 1 minute delay-rest 1: 30
- Delay 1: 30- Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 30- Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 35- Break 1: 30
- Delay 1: 40
This table is used for breath holding during inhalation.
During the break between breaks, I also did a short pause of 20 to 30 seconds.
The second secret
This secret is also closely related to breathing. I am not a doctor, nor do I know how to explain this effect from a medical point of view. This is just my personal observation. Therefore, I noticed that if you exhale sufficiently during the daytime breathing, abdominal fat will not accumulate. It sounds easy, but if you observe yourself, you may find that at the end of each exhalation, there is still air in your lungs to breathe. This is especially true when you sit down. If your back and waist are rounded, it will be difficult to exhale completely. Most likely, the effect of this breathing method is due to the full exhalation of the muscles of the press, lower back and transverse diaphragm. Therefore, they maintain a good shape.
In short, the second secret of yoga to lose weight is: during the day, the exhalation time is twice as long as the inhalation time, and you will be very happy.
The Third Secret
The third secret also flows smoothly from the second. Moreover, perhaps this is the most important rule for weight loss through yoga-regulating the muscles of the lower back. The work of the lower waist muscles, their stretching and strengthening-this is definitely a very effective way to remove fat on the belly and sides. A sedentary lifestyle will actually kill the lower waist, which must be stretched all the time. The loose muscles that lose their elasticity cannot support the body weight, and an imbalance occurs, leading to fat accumulation. There is a yoga exercise that can help you lose weight quickly and effectively. Just do it for 5 minutes a day and the result is fine.
- Roll the blanket or towel into a roller.
- Lie on the floor with a rolled up blanket under your lower back.
- Extend your arms to your head and put your little fingers together.
- Stretch your legs and bring your thumbs together.
- Lie in this position for 5 minutes.
This exercise restores the pelvis, lower back and abdomen to their natural state. As a result, belly fat becomes redundant and disappears quickly.
Yoga weight loss-basic principles
The most important weight loss principle of yoga is to keep exercising. I recommend doing it 6 times a week for at least one hour a day.
If this seems to be a difficult schedule, start with short exercises, but every day, this method will help you develop a habit. Once you are familiar with yoga, you will naturally start to extend your exercise time to stay longer on the mat.
The second principle is to do what you really like. Try to find some joy, joy in yoga. The main task is to connect yoga classes with pleasure.
The third principle-don't just think about weight loss. Remember, yoga practice is very beneficial to the body as well as the mind, mind and mental state. Losing weight is just a good choice. If you practice yoga regularly for at least 2-3 months, you will quickly understand this.